Jewish Community Center
333 S. 132nd
TOURNAMENT DATES: March 9-10
REGISTRATIONS DUE: February 25
REGISTRATION FEES: $130
Adult $3.00 per day
Children under 16: FREE
Lynette Brannen, JCC Director of Athletics, firstname.lastname@example.org | (402) 590-2144
Jonathan Crossley, Assistant Director of Athletics/Basketball Coordinator, email@example.com | (402) 590-2141
Mason Winkler, Sports Associate / Basketball Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org | (402) 590-2142
• DEFENSE: Teams may only play man-to-man defense. No Double Teaming.
• No full court press: Once the defensive team has gained “clear possession” of the ball, the offensive team must fall back behind half court.
• VIOLATIONS: Violations enforced at official’s discretion at each level of competition. The team continues to have possession of the ball after a violation or personal foul. Officials will use the opportunity to teach the youth. Lane violations will not be enforced. Offensive violations and will be taken out of bounds on the sidelines.
• TRAVELING & DOUBLE DRIBBLE: Violations called at the official’s discretion but will retain possession.
• SHOTS: FREE THROWS / FOUL SHOTS: No foul shots during the game. Each player will shoot a Free Throw at the end of the 1st and 3rd period which will be counted towards the score. THREE POINT SHOTS: Scored as three (3) points. Free Throw distance is 8 feet for 1st and 2nd grade boys and 2nd grade girls, 6 feet for Kindergarten players and 1st grade girls.
• STEALS & POSSESSION VIOLATIONS: Steals permissible on passes only. Stealing off the dribble or while the ball is in clear possession of a player is NOT permitted. This includes bumping which may result in the loss of ball control/possession. Defensive players may “tie-up” the ball inside the lane after the offensive player has stopped dribbling, resulting in a jump ball, and an alternating possession.
• FOULS: Fouls will not be recorded. If an offensive player is fouled during a shot attempt they will be awarded one point and another possession, unless the shot is made. If the shot is made, the offensive player will be awarded the basket plus one point. It will then be the Defenses’ possession.
• TIME-OUTS: Each team will have 1 time-out per half. None will carry over.
• OVERTIME: There will be one overtime period of 2 minutes, if needed. If the score is still tied after one overtime, there will be an additional sudden-death overtime, the first team to score will win.
• Wristbands must be worn by all players, unless agreed upon by both coaches.
• Arrive early for your game and be prepared to take the court when the previous game is completed.
• GAME: The game will be played 4 vs. 4 on a full court. Players should be rotated equally.
• BASKETBALL SIZE: 27.5” (Junior) Size Basketball
• GOAL HEIGHT: 8 feet
• GAME CLOCK: Games will be divided into four 8-minute quarters. Substitutions will only be allowed at the four minute mark of each period. The clock will run continuously except on injuries, substitutions and at the official’s discretion. Halftime length: 3 minutes.
1. Head to Head
2. Point Differential up to 15 points per game
3. Points Allowed
WINTER WEATHER POLICY: If we are to cancel games, we will give two hours’ notice to the coaches. For example, if we are going to cancel 12:00pm games, we will make the decision and communicate it by 10:00am. The coaches will be emailed and called. You may also call the JCC membership desk at 402-334-6426 to get the most up to date information.