It’s back! Join in the fun and sign up for the Eddie Belgrade 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament on April 7, 2019! This one day tournament is one that you don’t want to miss. Round up your friends and register your team today.
Tournament Date: Sunday, April 7, 2019
Registration Deadline: March 29th
Registration Fee: $110 per team
Want to participate without actually playing? You can! Become a sponsor. We accept any size donation. For more information on our sponsorship opportunities, please contact us!
For questions or information, contact:
Director of Athletic Programming
(402) 590-2144 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director of Athletics/Basketball Coordinator
(402) 590-2141 | email@example.com
2019 Tournament Rules
1. Each team will consist of up to five players. Players may play up an age division but may not play down. Co-Ed/Female teams are allowed.
2. Games will start with a coin flip. The winner will receive first possession. No make it, take it. If there is a jump ball, the alternating possession rule will apply. If overtime occurs, another coin flip will occur.
3. Both feet must be taken back past the 3-point line on every possession. On every change of possession the ball handler must have both feet behind the 3-point line. Failure to take the ball back will result in the loss of possession.
4. After a made basket or dead ball situation, the defense must “check” the ball and the offense must attempt to pass the ball in to start the possession. No unsportsmanlike behavior while checking the ball.
5. There will be a court referee at each basket. The referee will keep score for both teams and call fouls/violations. Refs also have discretion to stop the game clock. Bad mouthing or complaining about the ref will not be tolerated. If a person engages in this, it will result in 2 points for the other team per incident. If the behavior continues, that individual will be suspended for a minimum of the remainder of the game. We ask that you consistently display good sportsmanship during the basketball tournament.
6. Games are played to 35 points (by two’s and three’s) or to a 20 minute running clock. If a team has not scored 35 by the 20 minute mark, the team that is in the lead will win. If a game is tied, overtime will occur. Overtime will be sudden death. The first team to score will win.
7. Teams will be allowed a one minute time-out per game. The clock will stop for time-outs.
8. Stalling techniques which purposely delay the game (IE. holding the game up) will not be allowed. One warning prior to a technical foul will be called for stalling. Technical foul shots are free throws that are worth 2 points. Warnings and technical fouls will be called at the discretion of the referee and the clock is stopped. In the last 1 minute of play, a 10 second shot clock rule can be enforced. When enforced, the ref will verbally count the 10 second shot clock down per possession.
9. Teams will shoot one free throw shot worth two points on the 5th team foul and/or any shooting foul. The defense will gain possession whether free throw is made or missed.
10. All divisions will play on standard 10’ foot rims.
11. Out of bounds will be the sidelines, baseline, and the mid-court line of the hoop being played on.
12. 8th Grade, High School and Adult divisions will play with a Men’s size basketball JCC Omaha (29.5). All other divisions will play with a Women’s size basketball (28.5).
1. Gym Will open at 8:00am Sunday morning. Court Maps and schedules will be posted around the gym.
2. Please bring 2 colored shirts. Home team will be assigned Light Colored and Away is Dark Colored.
3. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of each game. This will ensure that games will start on time. Games will start early if all players are ready to go.
4. Team Captains will be responsible to pick up team packets. Team packets will be located in the athletic office which is outside the gym near the vending machines.